Featuring our "Founding ArterNet Art Member" Lesley Weston.

Leopard - Botswana.

 

An ArterNet Art Feature Interview with Lesley Weston:

A common route for a lot of artists, to a life of art, has been through their experiences at school. Lesley shares how it was due to her school teacher, that enabled her to continue with her art practice.

Lesley Weston


ArterNet Art: What was your route to becoming an artist?

Lesley: I became interested in Art at school which I took to GCE A’ level. I did painting and sculpture.

ArterNet Art: What or who were your early influences?

Lesley: School teachers.

ArterNet Art: What was it about the medium that you've chosen, that attracted you?

LesleyEase of use. Originally I used oils but find, with acrylics, I can achieve the same outcome using medium. 
Not having a dedicated studio any more, acrylics are much cleaner.

ArterNet Art: How was your imagination captured?

LesleyThe desire to express what I see.

ArterNet Art: Tell us about your process from conception to creation

Lesley: I use palette knife or credit cards (expired!) to create emphasis where I need to.
When I see a subject, I try to create an original way to portray it. 
I use many photos to provide me with ideas on the composition.

ArterNet Art: Where does your inspiration come from mainly?

Lesley: Nature – Land and Seascapes, animals, birds


The Wave


ArterNet Art: Tell us about a piece of your work that holds particularly fond memories and why?

Lesley: I have been lucky enough to travel with my husband since our retirement. 
I will always do at least two paintings from those memories.

ArterNet Art: How has your work developed since you began and how do you see it evolving in the future?

LesleyI interact with other artists, contribute and share ideas. 
I also belong to the Thames Society of Arts.





ArterNet Art: What advice would you give to an aspiring new artist?

Lesley: Be yourself, enjoy yourself and don’t be afraid to try out different techniques. 
Join Art Groups and Societies

ArterNet Art: Is there anything in particular that inspires you to create art?


LesleySomething that triggers an imaginative aspect.

ArterNet Art: What has been your favourite or most memorable art sale?

Lesley: A painting of Machu Pichou, painted on commission.

ArterNet Art: How has your arts business/career changed over the past 6 months?

Lesley: I like to think I am constantly developing, mainly I paint for the joy of expressing myself.

Cornish Fishing Village



ArterNet Art: Thank you 
Lesley for taking the time for our interview. We wish you all the best for your success and future with us.

You can see more of 
Lesley's work here:   


<><><>

You can be a featured artist on 'World Famous on ArterNet Art' :

Apply by sending in a submission,

or you can be recommended, or you are invited by ANA.

Send your submission or if you know of a worthy artist email: info@arternetart.com

and be a Featured ‘Founding ArterNet Member’ by joining us today:

<><><><>

Did you know that for around a dollar per day - 

you can have your OWN online art gallery - 

where you won't pay any commission on your art sales!

Become a member of ANA today!



                           Lesley is a 'Founding ArterNet Art Member'



Comments

Popular Posts